Hints and Tips:
Paranormal activity refers to strange phenomenon that challenges rational explanations that is commonly associated with ghosts, while most people are afraid of ghosts the fear they feel is caused by them not knowing the unknown. However there are some people who are up for the challenge of a good ghost hunt and you are one of these people.....Here are some hints and Tips I we have picked up on over the past few years to help you along the way.
- Experienced Ghost Hunters ask beginners to be respectful of spirits and Ghosts.
- Never threaten, dare, or tease unseen entities
- Take Ghost Hunting seriously and never mess about in an Investigation.
- Self-Confidence and Self control are the only weapons that can be effectively used to protect oneself when ghost hunting.
- Work in small groups, the smaller the group the better results.
- Always ask permission before entering private property to prevent arrest & prosecution. It is always a good idea to notify the locations local police station and advise them of the investigation.
- Always bring a Torch and spare batteries, be careful in old buildings, they are weak and the foundations can be unsafe. You will be told by the Group Leaders where you are allowed to go.
- Never go anywhere Alone...Stay safe and stay with your group.
- Bring along a Dictaphone recorder and camera for documentation purposes, always give an indication of time, date, and where you are so you can refer back at a later time.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing It is recommended that Trainers are ideal in case you need move quickly from one area to another.
- Bring an Electromagnetic Field Meter (EMF) or Compass Ghosts have energy that can be easily be detected using this equipment. You would realise a possible presence if the frequency reaches 3-7 milligauss.
- Try to visit the location during the daytime, use this to familiarise yourself with the lay-out and any danger spots or obstacles that are impossible to notice at Night-time.
- Don’t take pictures when it’s raining, or snowing or when it’s foggy the moisture in the air will cause an artificial effect on your pictures.
- Try a Daytime investigation, Contrary to beliefs, paranormal activity does not just happen at night, we only do night investigations to add to the effect of scare tactics and of course Night vision equipment.
People go Ghost hunting for the experience while some hope to open their third eye by doing Paranormal activities. Whatever the reason is it is always important to follow the basic rules and the groups Code of Conduct to get the most out of the experience......Enjoy!
John Tulley & John Callaghan
Group Leaders/ Investigators